Sunday, January 15, 2012

Last Pre-Chemo Day

Today is my last day before chemo and I am a bit anxious. Nonetheless I am fully alive, and might as well enjoy! Livia got me out of the house to workout today and I biked in those sitting stationary bikes for 15 minutes and was able to sweat a bit. I could not believe it but I am still able to keep a 100rpm cadence without struggling. Then I lifted some weights, something I never do, light but enough to trigger my endorphins. I am now focused in gaining some muscle mass to build reserves, in case I need it. Today I weighed myself and am happy to report that I am right back to my pre-surgery weight, and can fully open my jaw to eat, the pain in my head is almost gone!
You have been awesome praying for me, keeping me positive and giving me the strength to beat this tumor. As a new battle begins please say a prayer for me, wish me luck and envision me climbing the Pyrinees on my way from Montpelier, France, to Fatima, Portugal. There is more to this than a simple bike ride, but we will get there at the right time, and you will be part of it. Since seeing the snow covered mountains from the distance I keep dreaming of dipping my healed head into the snow of the Pyrinees. As crazy as it sounds, I think I miss snow...
I wish you could all see how well I am now, give me a big smile and receive a big hug in exchange! Since so many of you are far away, just envision it and feel it. It is real and tight. Thanks for hanging with me, you are the best!

3 comments:

  1. Força Patrick! Estou rezando pela tua recuperação plena!
    Guto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grande Patrick, é absolutamente impressionante, emocionante e inspirador acompanhar a tua história, a evolução, a incrível recuperação e a tua capacidade de manter o alto astral.
    Continuamos rezando e enviando energias positivas, estou 100% seguro de que você vai mandar esse tumor F#$@#$ para a @P#@$P.
    Abraços!!
    Edu Pascale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrick - Continuamos orando por voce e toda familia. Sentimos sua falta aqui, mas esperamos encontrar algum dia em SP. Abracao - Brian, Debora e Isabella.

    ReplyDelete