Friday, December 30, 2011

Round 2

Yesterday I met my neuro-onchologist, introduced to me by my neuro-surgeon, the man that continues to assemble the amazing team taking care of me. I immediately found myself at ease while talking to her, as she patiently walked Livia and I through what my next steps might look like. I've been blessed to be able to be treated by an amazing, world-class medical team. Interestingly the challenges of neuro-onchology are similar to the challenges of childhood cancer. Due to their much lower incidence these types of tumors receive significantly less tumor specific research. They tend to benefit from drugs developed to fight other types of tumors or cancers with higher incidences. This might lower the effectiveness of the treatment, but I am still sure I will win. Like I learned with my friend and hero Max, the most important pillars to help overcome the limitations of Human Knowlegde are to be blessed with amazing families, friends and doctors. My next step is to go through 6 to 12 rounds of chemotherapy with Temodal, and depending on the results possibly radiotherapy. Nothing to be scared of, I am mentally ready, just like I was for surgery, and will thrive. Thank you all for your prayers and positive thoughts, I am 100% sure they made all the difference. Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Patrick, I am so proud to have you as a friend! Your courage and strength is incredible. We think of you often and are all praying for you always! We miss you! We wish you a new year filled with love, peace and most of all TRIUMPH over all! God Bless you and we LOVE you...The Zgurzynski Family.

    ReplyDelete