Saturday, July 23, 2011

Assimilating the News

As people found out about my condition help started coming. Doctor recommendations, support from work, friends visiting, but the thing that really comforted me was knowing that I had a family standing by me. Ironically after living in the US for 10 years I had been back in Brazil for only 2 weeks - really made me pretty certain that there is a very good reason for this to be happening, the chain of events was just too perfect given the condition.
In any case I had a hard time thinking about the future, and every time I thought about my family, particulalry my wife, daughters, mom and dad I would start crying like a baby. I knew I could not live like this. When I got back from the hospital and saw my daughters for the first time after the diagose I cried profusely. They asked me what was wrong and I said that my tear box was full and after a week without seeing them I just missed them too much. I promised my daughter that once I emptied my tear box I would not cry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment