Saturday, July 23, 2011

Turning a Negative into a Positive

I got up on July 15 and the first thing that occured to me was thank God I am alive. I was never so determined to make the best out of the time I had left on Earth. After all, with or without a tumor, no one knows how long one will live, so why would I have a different attitude just because I had a tumor? I started looking for inspiration on the Internet from people that live with glioma. Found people in every corner of the world living a healthy, inspiring life, years after being diagnosed. The Astro Fund website (http://www.astrofund.org.uk/) was a particularly helpful source of inspiration, with several great examples of people that live a great life with glioma. The Liz Army blog was also very inspiring, amazing how people I have never heard of became my instant heroes (thelizarmy.blogspot.com).
I was determined to live my life and enjoy every minute of it. At the same time I knew I had to find out more about insular glioma to determine my best treatment options.

No comments:

Post a Comment